cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ACP-400 Jira version

Alexander Ling
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 14, 2019

Hello!

I am currently studying for Jira Service Desk Administrator Certification (ACP-400) and I have a question about which Jira version the test will use. 

In the exam topics that you get you can see this table: 

image.png
This was updated in May 2019.

From this link we can see that JSD 4.5 was released as enterprise on the 21st of October.

As I am currently using JSD 4.5 myself, can I be sure that the test will be on JSD 4.5 and not the former enterprise release which was active during May 2019? 

I would like to know since I have found some actions that behave different from my version and the study material. 

Best regards, Alexander

1 answer

1 vote
Pedro Felgueiras
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 14, 2019

You can take a look at the release notes of the service desk versions. https://confluence.atlassian.com/servicedesk/jira-service-desk-release-notes-780083086.html

I don't think that it will make a difference on the exam. 

Best luck for you exam :) 

Alexander Ling
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 14, 2019

Thanks, why I am asking the question is because of a sample question in the study material. 

In my version, if I have 2 components:

Component 1: BBB

Lead: Bob

Default assignee: Component Lead (Bob)

Component 1: AAA

Lead: Alice

Default assignee: Project default (unassigned)

If I choose both of these in the same issue, who will be the assignee of the issue?

In my version (4.5) the answer is Bob. However, in the study material the answer is unassigned (since AAA is before BBB alphabetically). I can't find anything about this in the release notes so I just became quite unsure how to think about this.

Pedro Felgueiras
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 14, 2019

https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirasoftwarecloud/organizing-work-with-components-764478279.html

"A component default assignee will override the project's overall default assignee. If someone creates an issue with more than one component, and the default assignees for those components are different people, then Jira assigns the issue to the default assignee of the component that is first alphabetically."

This is a functionality of Jira Core, and on the version that I had check has the same behavior. 

Pedro Felgueiras
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 14, 2019

I had checked from 8.5 to 7.4

Alexander Ling
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 15, 2019

Exactly, I can't seem to understand why my JSD does not behave like that. As you said

"If someone creates an issue with more than one component, and the default assignees for those components are different people, then Jira assigns the issue to the default assignee of the component that is first alphabetically."

Since AAA in my example from above is before BBB it should set the default which is unassigned if I understand the text correctly. But for me it chooses the BBB component (which is after if you look alphabetically) and sets it to Bob instead. 

Pedro Felgueiras
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 19, 2019

I think the point here is that "unassigned" isn't considered an assigned. So the first assigne is Bob 

Alexander Ling
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 19, 2019

Yes, but in the sample question for the exam, it sets the assignee to unassigned. It's not a huge issue, just weird that the behavior is different from my instance to the sample question from Atlassian. So I will leave this for now.

Thanks for your time and help!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events