Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A personal signature in Jira Service Desk customer notifications

Paul Bijlsma July 19, 2017

Hi,

We are using Jira Service Desk (server JIRA v7.3.4/ JSD v3.4.1).

I've already set up the custom notifications.

I want to add a personalised signature now. What I want to achieve is to have the template have a signature with a variable like ${event.user.name}. But this variable only seems available in the notification messages, not in the template.

I don't want to add a signature in the notification message, but in the template, otherwise

a. The signature would be halfway in the email

b. The signature might be added twice in one email, if multiple events happened in short time (love the feature that this combines into single email btw!)

I could imagine that event derived variables would not be available on template level, since the template might capture more than one event. Yet, in that case I would like to add a variable like ${issue.assignee.name}. This also does not seem possible.

Is my assumption correct that I cannot send out Service Desk emails to my customers with a signature of the agent handling the request?

kind regards,

Paul

2 answers

0 votes
Andy Creech July 15, 2020

ever find an answer?

0 votes
somethingblue
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 25, 2017

Hi Paul,

There is a feature request for this that you can find at JSDSERVER-1943.  There is another one at JSDSERVER-1515 that is specifically for Service Desk Agents to add a signature. Please vote on the issue to add impact.  Once you do that you'll be notified of any updates to JSDERVER-1515 and JSDSERVER-1943

Cheers,

Branden

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events