Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A customer emailed the notification address (jira@org.atlassian.net), but no ticket was created.

Nathan Pate August 17, 2017

A client had noted down the jira@org.atlassian.net email from one of the notification messages that was sent out, thinking that this was our support email address.  However when attempting to contact us through it, no ticket was created when they did so.  As far as I can tell, their has simply been lost.

Are we able to control the behaviour of emails that come in to the jira@... address, so that tickets will be created, or at least have the client notified that they should use the proper one?

I have attempted changing the notifications address under Project Settings > Summary, but this only resulted in emails failing to be delivered.

Thanks very much.

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Daniel Vargas Llopis
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 22, 2017

Hi Nathan,

Email address is defined in the Email requests section under project settings.

It has to be an email address you have access to (you know username and login), 

For outgoing emails, you can change the email address that sends the notifications, it's under System settings -> Mail -> Outgoing Mail

Nathan Pate August 22, 2017

Thanks Daniel, that looks like what I'm after, we'll do some testing with the 'reply to' address setting and how that looks to the customers.

Cheers, Nathan

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events