populating options into select field based on the value selected in other select field

surya sriram April 18, 2017

Hi,

I have a requirement that I have three select fields(A,B,C). based on the value selectedfrom the select box A, values in select box B have to be populated. and based on the value selected from select field B, options of select box C have to be populated.

Note : By using cascade select feld I can use two select fields, but my requirement is with 3 select fields

3 comments

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 18, 2017

You'll need something like the "multi level cascading select field" from the marketplace, or to find or write some javascript code that can make separate fields work together (I'd try it with the Behaviours module in the Script Runner add-on, as that makes the scripting a lot easier and more robust)

surya sriram April 20, 2017

Hi Nic,

I tried with behaviour fields, but when i try to add options to a select field it is not reflecting. could you please provide us some sample script that can be used in behaviour fields to add options in selectbox.

Thanks & Regards,

Surya Sriram

Tim Patrick April 28, 2017

somethign ike the plugin "Insight" may help you here. we are currently looking at it for a very similar requirement. 

it creates relationships between fields and sets of data.

Stacey E. Kimmel-Smith February 3, 2018

Hi all, what are the costs of these add-ons, if you don't mind sharing at least a range -- we're trialling jira SD and want to figure out what needs to be budgeted for add-ons. This is a functionality we will definitely need.

We don't seem to have the ability to check pricing b/c we don't yet have a "real" license...

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 3, 2018

You can get all pricing from the

Marketplace

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events