Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

link doesn't work "View error details and repair the problem"

Chris Chambers February 28, 2018

I'm receiving the error "This service desk project has configuration problems and may not work as expected.  View error details and repair the problem"

when going into a project, or its settings.  The "View error details and repair the problem" link doesn't work - it can't be clicked so no details on the error are available.

I've re-indexed from system and from the project itself, and restarted jira from the server (n/i a server reboot), but it hasn't resolved whatever the issue may be.

I've tailed the atlassian-servicedesk.log and atlassian-jira.log logs on the server, but nothing new is written when the error appears.

help?

Thank you,

2 comments

update - resolved?

Using the URL I found in this issue ( JSDSERVER-5173 ) I was able to get the text:

{"alerts":[{"severity":{"name":"ErrorAlert"},"summary":"Request Form contains configuration errors","templateName":"missingFields","templateParams":{"screenSchemeName":"WOMS: AppAdmin New Site Screen Scheme","missingFieldNames":["Summary"],"requestTypes":[{"name":"New WMOS Instance","issueTypeName":"New WMOS Build Req."}],"globalAdmin":true,"screenId":11000}}]}

I figured it meant the "Summary" field was missing from the screen(s) for Issue Type "New WMOS Build Req."  so I added the Summary field to the Create and View/Edit screens for that issue type.  The error has gone away - though I'm not sure why it was looking for the Summary field on that screen since I don't require it there.  I guess I can just leave the Summary field on the screens and hide it?

Like # people like this

re-removed the summary field from the 2 screens, and the error returned.

re-indexed - error still there.

waited 10 minutes - removed the Summary field again.  No error this time.

re-indexed - still no error.

Summary field still not on the 2 screens I initially wanted it removed from, so I'm happy now...but I don't know why.

However, it's still on the Issue Type's create screen via the Customer Portal - and can't be removed.  I'll have to set a default, useless value and hide it from the customers.

?

Like Bobbie Price likes this
Jaime Forero October 3, 2018

We are having the same issue 

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events