It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Working with external partners in JSD

Hi there!
We’re using Jira Service Desk Cloud as our company’s IT Helpdesk. Our internal support team handles about 80% of our requests, while around 20% are sent to third parties that are using different service desk solutions. I suppose this is common for a lot of us.

For the first few months we tried out Email This Issue plugin, but with several problems, for example with email replies turning into new issues, we decided to close the subscription after some dialog with their support team and no proper resolution. 

Since then, we’ve only been using Request Participants when emailing issues to different partners. This is not quite optimal for several reasons:

• Attachments such as screenshots, are not emailed from Jira as an actual attachment, but a link to our Portal. This is not quite a problem for our internal customers, but definitely a problem for third parties using their own service desk solution. 
  • No option to have an internal dialog with third parties and our support team, which is useful in some cases
  • Comments sent by email, often appears with dialog history, which is not at all user friendly for customers or agents 

Lastly it is my impression that the request participants feature in JSD, is designed for Customers of the Service Desk, and for this use it works great.

We’ve considered Plugins like Exalate, but as it is limited to quite a few systems it would only work with very few of our partners

I’m curious to know how other cloud customers out there work with their partners in JSD, I’d be very happy to hear your best practices! 

1 comment

Hi @Malin_B 

I am curious to know why ..."around 20% are sent to third parties that are using different service desk solutions"

Who are these third parties and why would they be using different service desk?, and can you give an example of the type of problem that requires this method. 

In terms of best practice when I joined my company they had Zendesk as the Service Desk, Jira Software for bugs for our DEV team and our customers were emailing problems through to us. It was a mess getting tickets from customer -> agent -> DEV. 

Therefore I got rid of Zendesk, installed Jira Service Desk Cloud, which in turn talks nicely to Jira Software and other tools such a Confluence and the final piece of the puzzle was to convince our customers that email was bad and that the Customer Portal was good for all concerned and here we are a year down the line and everything just works. 

The moral of the story, get everyone possible on the same system. 

-Mike

Comment

TAGS
Community showcase
Posted in Jira Service Desk

How has Jira Service Desk increased productivity in your org?

Hi Jira Service Desk community, Atlassian is on a mission to unleash the potential of all teams, and we know that tools are just one piece of that puzzle. With Jira Service Desk, we have productiv...

174 views 0 3
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you