Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Want to have prepopulated fields created on the backend for users

Kai Manners July 2, 2018

So I want to create a ticket type in which users have the ability to choose between two headsets. I already have a list field in which they choose the model, but what I want to do additionally is created two other fields: 

1) A prepopulated text field with links for users to check out the specs of each headset

2) Images of the two headsets so the users can quickly choose which headset they want based on those pictures

Seems like a simple request but I can't find anything that allows me to prepopulate fields. Thanks. 

1 comment

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 2, 2018

I may not be understanding your request but I am assuming you wish to:

• Present data on two headset to the user and then after they decide what they want...
  • Provide a means for the requestor to select their choice when submitting the request
  • This would all be from the Customer Portal?

assuming the above is correct I would recommend you create a FAQ page that would provide details/links to the headset data. They would then create a ticket and select the model using the field you already created. Unfortunately, you can't present links to the customer w/in the create screen itself.

Kai Manners July 2, 2018

Yes, the idea is to present users enough information to make their choice on which headset to use. I already have a list of two options they can choose from; all it says is the model name and number. What you stated sounds like a good idea: making an FAQ. Does JIRA have this capability or should I look elsewhere?

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 2, 2018

yes. you can read here for more info or if you are on server you should select the doc for your version to be safe.

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events