Urgent Resolution :-JIRA Service Desk-

sandeep kute October 27, 2017

All,

I need urgent resolution of below issues :

1. I have 2 projects in JEERA Service Desk, a Service Desk user has been created  & added to the group. But Service desk user should  see only one project & raise request in that project only. How can we do that.

2. I have field called impact in Service Desk which is required field as i need that in Incident Create screen . But when i raise the Issue Type as request & screen associated with  issue type -request doesn't have this field added on it still it doesn't allow me to create request as its gives error that impact field required.

1 comment

Tayyab Bashir
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 27, 2017

Hi,

1. You can restrict the projects for service desk users by configuring them in the customers permission section of each project admin settings.
Go to the service desk project's customer permission setting and chose who can send in requests and who can't.
Generally you can add people yourself you can send in requests or just opt for the option of anyone sending requests. 
Based on the permissions here SD users would be able to view the projects in the main portal. 

2. You probably have made the impact field required in field configuration scheme of your concerned project. Doing so makes the field required on each of the create screens associated with that Field configuration. 
To rectify this, make the field optional again. 
Either create a new field configuration scheme for the Incident issue type. 
Or have this be done in a workflow step. 
Go to the workflow for incident (whatever project you have), then add a Validator on the create issue transition. 
The validator you're looking for is the "Field Required Validator"

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events