It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Tricky public holiday trap for Jira Service Desk Admins

While updating calendars for JSD (adding new SLAs) I noticed a sneaky 'feature'.

The calendar allows you to enter public holidays to be excluded in SLA counts. There are 2 options for each date - does it repeat annual or never?

Some public holidays are fixed each year like Christmas Day but other days move like Good Friday and Easter Monday.

This means every year, someone needs to manually check and update the calendars for the new year.

Has anyone else been caught out by this?

1 comment

Hi Kat,

I wouldn't say "caught out", but as a matter of my annual tasks, we update the SLA calendars AND if you use Tempo you must do the same as well for the holiday schemes.

Welcome to being a jira admin.

Susan

Like Kat Warner {TechTime} likes this

Thanks for the Tempo tip!

Comment

TAGS
Community showcase
Posted in Jira Service Desk

How has Jira Service Desk increased productivity in your org?

Hi Jira Service Desk community, Atlassian is on a mission to unleash the potential of all teams, and we know that tools are just one piece of that puzzle. With Jira Service Desk, we have productiv...

243 views 1 3
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you