Tricky public holiday trap for Jira Service Desk Admins

Kat Warner
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
January 21, 2019

While updating calendars for JSD (adding new SLAs) I noticed a sneaky 'feature'.

The calendar allows you to enter public holidays to be excluded in SLA counts. There are 2 options for each date - does it repeat annual or never?

Some public holidays are fixed each year like Christmas Day but other days move like Good Friday and Easter Monday.

This means every year, someone needs to manually check and update the calendars for the new year.

Has anyone else been caught out by this?

1 comment

Susan Hauth _Jira Queen_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 22, 2019

Hi Kat,

I wouldn't say "caught out", but as a matter of my annual tasks, we update the SLA calendars AND if you use Tempo you must do the same as well for the holiday schemes.

Welcome to being a jira admin.

Susan

Like Kat Warner likes this
Kat Warner
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
January 22, 2019

Thanks for the Tempo tip!

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events