Tell us how you've implemented Change Management

Amaresh Ray
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 8, 2019

Hello Community 👋,

I'm a product manager at Atlassian, looking at improving change management capabilities across our products. In particular, we're looking at bridging the gap between Dev & IT/Ops teams. 

If you're interested in speaking with us, please sign up at https://forms.gle/c5Xv3vPLiKc68tNk9 and we will reach out to you to set up a 60 min phone/video call over Zoom.

In return, we'll be happy to offer you a $100 gift card to thank you for your time.

Thanks!

Amaresh

5 comments

Patricia Francezi
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 19, 2019

I miss a lot of features from another tool, in some steps of "classic" change management. 

- collect tech impact, create tasks for teams, organize a cab meeting.... 

- a way of have the calendar to plan the changes (without apps of course). 

- worflow automation to enable triggering other processes, and so on. 

from my point of view, the change requests issue type is the less effective in the ITSM default flows in JSD. 

Integration with tools that perform deploy 

I.e why not integrate bitbucket to this process? or with jira service desk as a whole?

i would like to contribute with you in this.

Like • # people like this
Dwayne Pierre November 24, 2019

I second this observation for all the reasons sited. I gather that this is where Jira Software and Jira Service Desk integration may assist. 

However what we have found in our 2 years of using JSD alongside UM e.g. Skype for Business that our user prefer to request changes via chat/Screenshare and report incidents via email (change management to convert to portal only is on the way). 

In our specific use case it would be great to get integration between  Jira Service Desk and Microsoft Teams.  

Amaresh Ray
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 24, 2019

@Patricia Francezi and @Dwayne Pierre thank you for your feedback. I would love to chat you further to learn more about your use cases -- please send me an email at amaresh.ray [at] atlassian.com and we can arrange a time to chat!

Viktor January 13, 2020

I agree with Patricia.

We need tasks that can be issued to different departments. After task 1 is done, task 2 is sent to the next department e.t.c. After all the tasks have been marked done, the Change has been implemented and can be reviewed.

Also, the Change calendar should be a free widget inside Jira, both inside the project and for a dashboard.

When you are working on a Change request, it would be great to be able to see some portion of that calendar also, on the same page and in real time.

Dwayne Pierre January 13, 2020

Second this observation. 

@Viktorhave tried to accomplish this via workflows? 

Like • Sanjog Sigdel likes this
Gavin Joye February 3, 2020

I agree with this as well, except that the tasks for different departments need to run concurrently sometimes.  For instance, an employee changes department and requires different licensing/software, possibly hardware, and business card changes, etc.  You don't want any tasks getting held up, so it should be a shotgun effect.

John Mustac March 16, 2020

I support this extension - our client's change processes are often complex, we need the ability to structure activities in a flow that could have parts that are sequential, other parts in parallel. Then we need 'dependent' activities, which means a step in a Change process needs to wait until another Change has completed. We have to do this now with scripting so a better native capability would be great.

Dan January 23, 2020

IT wise, created a massive workflow w/ associated fields that went through an Engineering Review Board, and Configuration Control Board. All steps were of course developed in house per requirements. 

Had multiple levels of approval for each step, especially with IA , Team Leads, and Management since we deal with IT systems. It was pretty vast and got great feedback from division management. 

Viktor January 24, 2020

Make Components more customizeable to be able to use in Approvals.

Adding a group as a component lead that can approve requests regarding that component is one use case.

Jørgen Sandtorv January 27, 2020

What I really miss in JSD is to be able to set an agent "out of office". We use some grade of auto assign issues, but if that assignee is out sick or on holiday, I would like to be able to set a second or third named agent to cover for the agent that is "out" I have seen other ITSM systems where "agents" can reserve them selves for assignements, and issues then gets auto-assigned to the next on the list..

Alexander Bondarev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 28, 2020

@Jørgen Sandtorv , I can recommend to you an exellant app for this feature - Out Of Office Assistant.

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events