Setting up Assignee Notifications when Customers Comment

Anita Duncan June 21, 2018

Hey there,

I am trying to configure Jira Service Desk to notify the Assignee by email when a Customer responds, ie an External Comment.  I have tried to do this using notifications and Automation rules, but no luck.

Does anyone out there know how to do this?

Regards

Anita

3 comments

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 21, 2018

You should simply need to go to Project > Settings > Notifications and ensure that current assignee is on the comment

notification assignee.jpg

Monique vdB
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
June 21, 2018

@Anita Duncan for future reference our Jira Service Desk collection is here and you can ask product-specific questions there to people worldwide, not just in Austin. Of course in Austin you have @Jack Brickey so you may not need anyone else. 😉

Monique vdB
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
June 21, 2018

And welcome!!

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 21, 2018

@Monique vdB, I actually tried to move the thread to JSD but it doesn't allow me to change to a question from a discussion so just left it here. Is there a way or should I move as discussion or just leave?

Monique vdB
Community Manager
June 21, 2018

@Jack Brickey if it will let you move it as a discussion (we're still in beta and I know that was a bit buggy for a minute there) it might make sense!

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 21, 2018

done!

Anita Duncan June 21, 2018

Thanks everyone.  This works now.  I was having a blonde moment and wasn't looking at Notifications, only Customer Notifications and Automation.

Cheers

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 21, 2018

glad to hear you are good to go now! And welcome to the Community playground. It's a great place to be when you need help, want to help or need something to help you sleep. ;-)

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events