Servce Desk Reports - Series Creation

It appears that all I can do is choose from predefined series when I add a series to create a report.  Are we able to create additional series to report on?  e.g. custom fields with dates I have added in order to do an aging?  And how can I make the reports visible to the customer portal?

2 comments

Susan Ostreicher Community Champion Nov 20, 2017

Hi John, 

As far as I'm aware, this is not possible in Reports, and reports are only visible to JIRA Service Desk agents.

Dashboards have more flexibility, so you might find that a dashboard meets your need. But unfortunately it's not possible to share dashboards with customers, unless they have either a JIRA license or a Confluence license.  Here's a related discussion that might help: 

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-questions/Expose-a-customer-dashboard-on-the-customer-portal/qaq-p/183904

Hi- I know this was posted awhile ago, but using the advanced feature, you can add custom series information (ie: custom fields).  If you're using the cloud version, you should be able to find out what the custom field id is from queue edit screen.  

Susan Ostreicher Community Champion Sep 17, 2018

Hi @Mandy Parker - can you confirm what you mean by the advanced feature? I see there's an option to use advanced filters. But in the Series dropdown, I still see only the predefined values: 

Add a series.png

Hi @Susan Ostreicher, down below- next to Filter By.  If you use this feature, you can filter the series by your custom fields.  I located the key for my custom field by filtering by that field in queue and using the advanced feature to view the key for that specific field.  

Comment

Community showcase
Asked Thursday in Jira Service Desk

Looking for teams who switched from email to Jira Service Desk

The Jira Service Desk marketing team is working on a guide to help new Atlassian customers switch from email to JSD and we'd love to hear from you! Please share: - What made you realize that i...

185 views 1 5
View question

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you