It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Organizations and Customers / Access Rights

I am not sure if I understand access rights for organizations/customer. If I have Organization X, and under it Customer 1, Customer 2, Customer 3. If Customer 3 raises request in service desk, is it shared with Customer 1 and Customer 2?

1 comment

Jack Community Leader Aug 21, 2018

Not automatically unless you configure it to do so under project > project settings > customer notifications. However with them being in the same organization the reporter can add another customer in the same organization as a participant. If email is used to create an issue and another person is CCd they will be added. 

And if they search it they will not see requests from other customers unless it was shared with them? You can see that my concern is security, we would switch to Organization/Customer, I am just afraid of data leakage between customers

Jack Community Leader Aug 21, 2018

Correct. where you need to place care is to not mix customers across Organizations. So, you should restrict who is responsible for adding/managing customers.

There is an enhancement request for JSD to support domains for organizations which would be nice - JSDCLOUD-4417 and there is a corresponding server issue as well. I recommend watching and voting on this issue.

Comment

TAGS
Community showcase
Posted in Jira Service Desk

How has Jira Service Desk increased productivity in your org?

Hi Jira Service Desk community, Atlassian is on a mission to unleash the potential of all teams, and we know that tools are just one piece of that puzzle. With Jira Service Desk, we have productiv...

174 views 0 3
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you