Open access to a ticket for all customers? Portal view...

banson February 20, 2018

Hi, 

I have a big problem with my service desk instance.  Anytime a ticket comes in that's high priority in nature, the reporter isn't able to add teams to the ticket for comment and it's too many people to manually add them all.   I don't utilize organizations because they is no connection to LDAP which means manual upkeep of all the organization members (not going to happen). 

I've opened the browse function/"jira view" so all my jira users can view as "internal" but that leaves room for confusion, duplicate notifications and doesn't that in some ways defeat the purpose of the service desk?

....I am getting desperate for some way to have a portal ticket shared with the WHOLE company, and was thinking maybe(though I don't want to do it), I could put the whole company in an organization called "Entire Company" or something.  Then it would be easy to use the share button to add the company and everyone could view.  Of course this would send hundreds of notifications which is not ideal.   Then I envision users creating a ticket and right before they click submit they leave the default setting "share with...entire company" > not good.    I've also considered moving tickets when they need global view to a JIRA software project (just completely leave the service desk space) and then have open access. 

I've been talking up service desk to many for the great things it can do, but man I am always taking huge steps back when access to a ticket is blocked to a swat team and similar.

...it probably doesn't help either that I've created "user" accounts with group emails.  So users think they're adding a group to a ticket but really they've just emailed that group, not granted access.  <sigh> so annoying groups aren't a concept for tickets.

Anyone else come across a similar situation?  suggestions?  Maybe a plugin or something?  

Thanks,

0 comments

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events