Client is considering moving from another product to JSD. Challenge featured here is managing customer ABC's clients (groups Client1(User a, b, c, d), Client2, C..3, C..4, C..5 etc) users. I will not name the product but smart people will be able to derive it from the question.
- Jira Service Desk issues should only be available to Agents in the Jira environment - no group C1 users should be able to access Jira itself;
- Group C1, C2 client users etc should be able to access the portal and also use it has a customer service management portal;
- Requests may trigger additional tickets and/or subtasks within Jira that should not show up in the Portal.
Currently they are using an ADFS type of solution where clients are connected and the group C1/C2 users have SSO to access the portal.
Considering the large number of clients with groups of C1/C2 users managing access is complicated when done by the customer ABC itself.
- When using SAML/ADFS within Jira this applies to Jira users and would require user licenses, of which the number cannot be controlled by the customer ABC organisation;
- When using Customers within JSD, I have not seen the option of using SAML to configure customers other than as Jira users;
As far as I know the other Service currently product support a way of managing the groups C1/C2 and the users within the client groups through ADFS.
What would be the best solution for Jira that is the least time and/or licence consuming?
Keeping in mind that licences are required when using the system off course.
Hi Jira Service Desk community, Atlassian is on a mission to unleash the potential of all teams, and we know that tools are just one piece of that puzzle. With Jira Service Desk, we have productiv...
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find an event
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.Host an event