Looking for suggestions for JSD scenario

Darryl St_ Pierre
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 3, 2019

We're in the process of setting up multiple Jira Service Desk projects for ourselves (IT) and several business units.

I'm trying to figure out a way to present a Notice page instead of a submission form for certain specific instances. For example, our Marketing staff supports several aspects related to marketing, promotional slideshows, videos that display on televisions in many of our locations, but if the TVs are broken, our Maintenance staff deal with them. So if a staff member starts entering a request that is related to a broken TV, I want to guide the user to another service desk.

I'm currently adding text to all the screens along the way to the submission page, but there's no way to really make it stand out. I would almost rather have a selection for "Broken TV" that brings up a page or form that the user cannot submit, but only read, click a link, or cancel.

Is that even an option? Has anyone been faced with a similar need and found a creative way to address it?

I know there's also an option of creating a KB page that comes up when key words are entered, but I have limited faith in staff paying attention to that...

1 comment

Jason Walker December 4, 2019

I have not had that scenario but reading your post I wonder if creating a knowledge article is the way to go.  If the knowledge article contains the proper instructions and key words, then the user should be presented with that when starting their search.

Like Darryl St_ Pierre likes this
Darryl St_ Pierre
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 4, 2019

Thanks for the feedback @Jason Walker . I hope that's enough, but I have my doubts.

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events