Looking for anyone who has switched from Zendesk to Jira Service Desk

Shana
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 16, 2018

Hi Community!

The Jira Service Desk marketing team is looking for customers who have successfully switched from Zendesk to Jira Service Desk!  

We’d love to hear your thoughts on the pros and cons of each tool and any tips for others thinking of doing the same. 

3 comments

Alex Gay November 18, 2018

Hi Shana

We are still in transition.

The agents from the IT Service Desk are allready working in Jira Service Desk.

But other departments are still in Zendesk.

We are looking for a solution with Escalate (see marketplace Idalko) to be able to have multiple Zendesk instances get their ticket in sync with 1 Jira Service Desk Project.

Like Shana likes this
randy catuira November 18, 2018

community.atlassian.com/tnckb94959/rss/search

?advanced=false&allow_punctuation=false&q=c.com"

creative.e.g 

Naomi Kaminsky November 18, 2018

Hi Shana,

We are also currently in the process of switching over.

There were two major considerations that lead us to switch:

1) The ability to have one platform which includes both dev tasks and support tasks (linking support tickets with bugs, etc), since the dev and product teams already use Jira.

2) Jira Service Desk had a good integration with Intercom, which is the communication tool we use for app and website messaging with our customers - much better than the Zendesk-Intercom hook up. Unfortunately, we are currently running into some issues with the integration, but I'm hoping it will be sorted out soon.

We found Zendesk to be very frustrating, particularly when it came to metrics and reports. Even though it seemed to have the ability to report on every metric ever imaginable, the reports were consistently difficult to configure and even to understand, with data seemingly missing or incorrect. Jira Support gives us the basic measures we were looking for: first response time, full resolve time, and satisfaction.

I really loved that Jira Service Desk imported our different stages right into the workflow, although we are now trying to fine tune it to be more clear.

Like # people like this
Tobias Binna
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 18, 2018

Hi Naomi,

Sorry, if I jump into the conversation here. I am the creator of the Intercom for Jira integration and I read in your post above that you are having issues with the integration. I'd be interested to know what problems you are facing and if there is anything I can help you with.

Feel free to get in touch via Intercom on toolsplus.io or send me a direct message via tobias@toolsplus.io.

Thanks!

Like # people like this

"IF"

Naomi Kaminsky November 19, 2018

@Tobias Binna awesome, thanks! I sent you an email

Naomi

Shana
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 19, 2018

Hi @Naomi Kaminsky,

That's awesome to hear! If you're open to it, we would love to chat about your team's experience switching over. 

Please contact me at svu@atlassian.com with any feedback you're willing to provide. 

Stéphane Plante November 20, 2018

Hi Shana,

My team switched two years ago and we are in the middle of another switch for two other support teams with very different needs.

If I would have to summarize the main difference, I would say Zendesk is great for first level end-user support and customer service (where appearance matters) while Jira Service Desk is best for internal support (where productivity matters). 

I must mention that some things are lost in the transition. Zendesk for example gives great control over emails and the customer portal has many options. It can be added seamlessly to a public website without problems. If you worry about how your communications appears to the public, this is very important and Jira Service Desk does not figure so well in that regard. 

What is gained however can be just as important. JSD provides a control over the workflows that is virtually inexistant in Zendesk. This adds the ability to refine your processes and maybe even automate them. The compliance with ITIL is also an enormous advantage over Zendesk.

If your development teams are already using Jira software, Jira Service Desk also facilitate the interactions between them and the support groups.

I add a small tip for someone who is looking to proceed with a transition: Keep it simple at first and let the evolution take place after the transition is completed. I try to reproduce the current Zendesk workflow in JSD at first. JSD is flexible enough for that. The change is minimal for the end-users and the workflow remains the same for the support team. So they only have to adjust to a new interface. Once every one gets used to JSD, the workflow will evolve progressively to better fit our needs. This has worked great for us in the past and I expect it will work again with our current transition. 

Like # people like this
Shana
Atlassian Team
November 20, 2018

Thanks for telling us more @Stéphane Plante. I would love to chat with you in detail about your team's experience switching and how the current migration is going. 

And yes, the tip you gave is something we hear over and over. 

Please contact me at svu@atlassian.com if you're interested. Looking forward to hearing from you! 

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events