Looking for Larger Companies Using Jira Service Desk

Andrew Stoddard February 22, 2019

I am looking to chat with larger companies (maybe 8k-20k users) who are using Jira Service Desk. I would like to connect with you to learn about your setup, your pitfalls and successes of moving to Jira Service Desk. I know this isn't a detailed question, but I am receiving a decent amount feedback that Jira Service Desk should not be used in a large ITIL organization as Service Desk is still not on par with things like ServiceNow. If anyone would like to share their story with us, it would be appreciated. 

2 comments

Tanya Ruttenberg July 21, 2020

Hi - I am looking into these issues as well.

We have a proliferation of Service Desks - no over-arching design consideration at all. 

While this works for the SD's, the people handling the work can easily keep track of what they need to do, the customers have to manage dozens of tickets.  It's insane - they are constantly being told to open this ticket or that ticket.  And not every SD is implemented the same - so you have to interpret, for example, workflow status by whichever group owns the SD. 

I'm cruising through the forum at the moment to see what other people have architected large service desks.  ServiceNow is in its infancy at my organization.  I'm wondering if a centralized SNow pipeline from which the customers could open all the JIRA tickets -- maybe this is the way to go.

Andrew van Ingen {ServiceRocket}
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
November 9, 2023

@Andrew Stoddard and @Tanya Ruttenberg , did you find answers to your question (elsewhere?). I also have this question.

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events