JSD Best practise

Jakub Hanak
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 23, 2019

Hello Community, 

We are starting to use JSD and I was wondering what is your experience, how to get maximum of this tool and what is the best way to solve issues. 

For example: When ticket is created in JSD and I would like to assign it to someone, who doesn´t have JSD license, do I copy the issue into another project or do I move it or do I clone it and link it to JSD issues? 

Is the best approach create duplicate tickets in separate JIRA projets? 

Plase share your experience how you use this tool in your organisation. Every hint or help is welcomed. 

Thank you and have a good day,

Jakub 

2 comments

Krister Broman _Advania_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 23, 2019

A bit to open of a question so keeping it to the example you provided. 

You cannot assign a ticket to a person that is not an agent, that person would not be able to do anything with it. So basically you have two options. 

Option 1: Assign the ticket to an agent and ask for help with the outside expert that has been assigned to the servicedesk role that way they can assist but not move the ticket forward. Read more here:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/confeval/jira-service-desk-evaluator-resources/jira-service-desk-agents-customers-and-roles

Option 2: If work is to be done and its done by another team, create a new ticket in their system, make sure there are references to the servicedesk ticket and then follow your process. 

In such a case I would recommend having an open feature/bug list potentially adding the customer as an interested party that they can access for more info. Then consider the servicedesk ticket as resolved, since the SD will not do more work and you dont want to keep tickets open for prolonged periods of time when you are not going to work with the item. 

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 23, 2019

@Jakub Hanak, there are a number of existing threads that discuss this in the Community. I encourage you to use the search function to find this threads as some provide some very good detail and tips. As well there is a good article produced by Atlassian on integrating JSW with JSD. You might search for it on support.atlassian.com. But, here is the summary...

When an issue comes in that requires a non-agent resolution, e.g. developers, use Create linked issue feature to create a linked issue in another project that the developer has access to. Two tips:

• use a unique status that pauses or changes the SLA if necessary and indicates it is with development
  • use automation to automatically have the JSD issue track to the JSW status and add comments

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events