JIRA service desk for internal use only

Dawn Fama August 2, 2018

We want to use service desk for internal use only.  We do not want the customer portal.  Is there a way to hide the customer portal and remove the customers?  Also, if I try to remove customer group from permission scheme as well as agents from log work I get permissions errors

3 comments

Fabio Genovese
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 2, 2018

HI @Dawn Fama

Just for understand. You wanna use Jira service desk features but not PORTAL. Right?

My suggestion is: Use Jira Core or Jira Software projects instead JIra Service Desk projectand you will obtain the same results. 

Use Jira service Desk without PORTAL is a nonsense for me. I mean: Jira service desk born as an extension of Jira to manage a Service Desk. All configurations are done to manage this situation. So: If you don't wanna use PORTAL, well use another type of project (Business if you have only CORE or Software if you have Software)

Hope this help

Cheers

FABIO

Dawn Fama August 2, 2018

Thank you Fabio,

Our client wanted service desk because it offered SLA capability which our existing JIRA software does not.  We use JIRA Software for a number of projects but none require SLAs.

Our JIRA instance is only accessible from within our network.  It is not accessible from the web.

Our client wants the agents to manually enter tickets into service desk from their support mailbox and assign to various agents involved in the approval process of the request.

So what I gather from your comment is it is not possible to hide the customer portal.

Fabio Genovese
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 2, 2018

No. It's no possible. If you create a Service Desk project, PORTAL is available.

But, if you use the possibility to create issues by email, using Service Desk? may be a solutions? 

Let me explain. You enable the possibility to generate issue using an email (you can configure this in project settings). than configure the automatic email answer and than you can use Service Desk SLA functionality but not PORTAL. If you don't share PORTAL URL link, and block the possibility create new customer, you can obtain the result.

Possible?

Dawn Fama August 2, 2018

Thank you Fabio,

This is how JSD configuration is set.  Notifications are off (assuming this is only for emails to non licensed users)  Hopefully any licensed agent will still see notifications when issues are updated with comments or assigned to other agents.  SLA custom fields are turned on and Public signup is off

Fabio Genovese
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 2, 2018

Great @Dawn Fama :) I think tYou cannot do more than this. 

Use SLA but not PORTAL. Customer use email to communicate. Agents use JIra interface. Check Notification Scheme (only for AGent) and set email notification only for Agents. Customer notifications must be disabled.

Dawn Fama August 2, 2018

Ok, thank you, the customers will send emails to support mailbox but JSD will not listen to mailbox, agent is going to manually create requests.  The only notifications will be between agents from within JSD.  Any communications to clients will be done externally

Alicja Snarska August 3, 2018

Hey @Dawn Fama

you can install a Jira Core/ Software and a SLA Plugin for it (for instance SLA PowerBox), so if that's the ony reason for getting JSD, it might not be worth it.

Take care!

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events