JIRA invitation to log in is wide open

Alvaro Lorenzana Camacho June 25, 2019

I'm using JIRA to manage a Scrum Development Project and I've observe that JIRA can send invitations by email to anyone even if that user has not been created using the correspondent functionality (user management). Then, when those invited is loged in, a user is created as a jira-software-users group member. On this conditions JIRA lets that any invited explore, créate issues (for any Project that exists), and search issues.
Don't you think that this functionality is to much open, I mean, The invitation itself let the user alter the present configuration (product backlog) of a Project. From my point of view this invitation need to be limited and associated to a Project specific so that the user can not alter configuratios so easily. Otherwise, our apreciated invited could create a caos in our projects.

1 comment

Kat Warner
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
June 25, 2019

Here is the article that talks about the different ways users can be created in Jira. however based on your tags you might be talking about people added as request participants in Service Desk projects so you might get more help from this or this article.

It is tricky to give targeted advice with the limited information provided and without access to your system to review your settings.

I hope this helps.

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events