Intern processes (travel expense report, applications for leave, buying processes etc.)

vukovic@aconity3d.com February 5, 2019

Hello everyone,

i am trying to implement some standard intern processes as creation of  travel expense reports, or applications for leave, etc. in jira Service desk cloud. 

Jira service desk should work as an intern service desk used by workers in my company, where you can start processes by yourself. The system should collect all required data in the beginning and send the ticket automatically to resonsable persons and inform them by mails or other kinds of alarms. (Through many instances).

Has anyone implemented something like that before and is able to give some advise on the topic? 

Which are helpful functions that could be useful to implement such a process?

Thanks for helping! 

1 comment

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 5, 2019

While I have not implemented something like this, it certainly seems reasonable to accomplish with JSD. You question is a bit high-level for me to clearly answer but will provide some input on things you will need/want to consider.

• My first advise is to simply dive in and start building the project as that is when you will start to have some specific questions.
  • You will use Request Types to define the various issues the intern will create: Expense Report, Time Off, etc.
  • Your interns will be set up as customers and they will need to use the Portal to create issues (expense reports, time off, etc.)
  • You will need to create some custom fields that are presented to your interns
  • You will need to make some fields required for each request type. This is done in project settings > Request Types
  • The responsible party for each request type will be Agents (paid licenses).
  • If you have a single responsible per request type then You can configure the issues to be automatically assigned to that person by request type. If you have multiple people responsible for a request type then you can use Queues by request type and have the agents collectively monitor their queue and take ownership
  • You likely will want/need to incorporate Approvals into one or more of your workflows. - See Setting up Approvals

If you little or no experience w/ JSD please start here - Getting Started w/ JSD

Like vukovic@aconity3d.com likes this

Thank you for your inputs! I will try to follow your advises as good as possible. 

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 5, 2019

<snip>

I will, but i want to collect some more inputs. Maybe i will find someone who has implemented something very similar to this Problem.

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events