Insight User Report

Artem Dosuzhin November 27, 2018

Morning!

Is there a possibility to create a report of equipment that is owned by employee?

For example - show all PCs, laptops, monitors owned by User. I want to see a printable report with a full list of equipment, User is responsible for, that will be signed by him, when he takes equipment.

I haven't found any matching report. Maybe it can be done using IQL request?

2 comments

Use case: 

As a human resource employee I need to know what devices an employee owns from the company.
So when the employee leaves the company, what devices should he/ she return.

The HR employee has no access to Jira, but should be able to get the info out of Insight.

Is there a way to integrate this in a webpage?

For example the HR employee fill in the name of the leaving employee and gets a list of objects related to that employee (who is also an object in Insight)

Yinon Negev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 3, 2019

Hi.

You can use the User Report in Insight Reports - by leaving the "Object Types" field empty - you will get a list of all Object Types, and the number of Objects connected to the User indicated. This report is also Printable.

Now that we have released Insight 6.0.0 - we added the Object Search where you can search across Object Types within a Schema, Save, Share and manage IQL Filters, as well as export as CSV - so although we do not have a Printable Version for the Search results yet - you will be able to compile the required list of Object related to a User, or any other criteria defined by IQL.

We are currently working on a new Reporting Engine to improve the reporting capabilities in Insight. At the moment, however, we cannot give additional information. (ETA - if all goes as expected - within Q1 2019).

Kind regards,

Yinon

Team Riada

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events