Im about to get crazy with the installation and configuration of jira

Hyakansha Jukidab June 21, 2019

Hi, 

We bought Jira software, jira service desk and confluence. I followed your tutorial to install it. We used centos 7.x with postgresql 9,6.

Here the step i did:

I installed jira core on  port 8080 and the control on 8005 on my vm 10.0.0.2

I installed jirasoftware on port 8081 and the control on 8006 on my vm 10.0.0.2

I installed jira service desk on port 8082 and the control on 8007 on my vm 10.0.0.2

I installed confluence on port 8090 and the control on 8000 on my vm 10.0.0.2

On postgresql 9.6 i created a user call jiraadministrator and the db called jiradb

i configured the pg_hba.conf and the pogresql.conf and everything is connecting and working fine.

My question is this one: we didn't get Jiracore( i cant see the license our account). did i screw up my installation and i need to restart it from scratch without jira core or we're still fine?

do i need to log into 10.0.0.2:8081 then 10.0.0.2:8082 and 10.0.0.2:8090 to have jira fully functionnal?

Do i need 3-4 different db with 3-4 different users into my postgresql9.6 to make it work with jira software, servicedesk and confluence?

When i rollback my vm because i don't have jira core and instead im trying to configure jira software from 10.0.0.2:8081 it say connection refused right after i choose my db.

Is there someone that could help me please?

Thanks a lot.

1 comment

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 21, 2019

Ok, before we try to debug this in full, could you confirm that what you are trying to do is run three totally separate instances of Jira - one plain Core, one Service Desk and one Software?

Or did you mean to have one Jira service with all three sets of functionality available (and hence fully integrated in one place), as it is usually intended?

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events