Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to integrate Jira service desk with Wordpress latest?

Tanmoy Chakraborty October 11, 2019

I have my company website on Wordpress and we want Jira service desk to integrate so that the Service request can be directly raised or incident can be reported.

3 comments

Matt Reiner _K15t_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
October 11, 2019
raphael_irinoye June 23, 2023

This is not really working presently, 'cos I also need help with it. please if there is a way out, I will gladly appreciate it.

Matt Utterback June 24, 2020

Hi - I've seen several other open threads on this issue, with no resolution other than to put the javascript widget in the page header. That's not a real solution, as it would then be added to every header for that page template, and in the header, not the body of our support page.

Any other resolution?

Many thanks!

Like # people like this
Nick Worth April 8, 2024

Ideally what I would expect is the ability to choose between Confluence and WordPress as the knowledge base with JSM. In the same way Confluence KB can be searched during ticket entry to proactively manage support issue, or even provide relevant articles to agents.

These are great JSM features but they only work with Confluence which makes sense within the Atlassian ecosystem (that should be the first priority), but unless Atlassian just wants to become another Microsoft machine, they key to their success IMO is allowing for integration so that I can use the best tool for my company's needs. 

Confluence is a good KB option, but WordPress is a much more capable platform for the purposes of content management and therefore, for some, the better option. Unfortunately with this limitation users are now forced to choose JSM/Confluence as a bundle or something else that meets all their needs.

I don't like this model because at that point you might as well have not separated the products since you are forced to use them as one. Also my review of JSM is now limited to my review of Confluence which has honestly been the only hang up I've had with determining our solution. It's a big commitment to put the effort of knowledge management into a system and you want one that can be leveraged. Confluence is not the best public representation so I'm hesitant to go all in just so I can leverage it smoothly with JSM.

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events