How do I get request participant on the form a customer fills in on Jira service desk,

Laura Phillips June 26, 2018

How do I get request participant on the form a customer fills in on Jira service desk,

It is not in the list of fields that can be added and I cannot work out how to configure it to be.

We need people who raise issues on service desk to request their managers be added to the ticket at the time of creation.

Any idea?

2 comments

Danyal Iqbal
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 27, 2018
Laura Phillips June 27, 2018

Thanks, but the issue I am trying to fix is to be able to request participants on the form as an issue is created.  We know we can add them later but thats not how we want to work it.

Thanks for the help though.

Rodrigo Baldasso
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 27, 2018

Hi Laura,

It is not currently possible to add Request Participant during Issue Creation from the customer portal. There is a feature request open here, JSDCLOUD-1511.

Though it's not possible, JIRA Service Desk customer can still add Request Participant once the issue is created. To do that, user just need to create the request, click on Share then type the desired email address of the user that he wants to share the request.

Perhaps you might give a look on Organizations, because then the Managers can get access to the tickets without the user needing to type each email address manually.

-Rodrigo.

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events