Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

From OTRS to JSD

Mike Donnarumma December 19, 2019

Hi,

I have a plan to migrate from OTRS to JSD in 2020. I run a Help Desk Team with about 6/8 people for a software house. 

We already have Confluence and Jira for issues.

I'd like to know what I have to do to link Jira to JSD and what are the fields that automatically are linked from both software (i.e. Project, Version, Users, ...)

This is very important to finally choose JSD.

Thanks in advance.

1 comment

JP _AC Bielefeld Leader_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 20, 2019

Hi,

Jira Service Desk is installed in the applications section of your Jira adminstration. After installation you can create Jira Service Desk projects. Each service desk project represents a service desk for specific needs (IT, HR, Marketing, Sales,...).

A connection to existing Jira software and/or core projects must be done manually. By default users with a service desk license cannot use Jira software features (dev tool, boards, versions,...). The other way around users with a Jira software license cannot use JSD queues or communicate directly with the customers via the service desk project.

You might start here:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/servicedeskserver/getting-started-with-jira-service-desk-939926015.html

One advice: Make a clean cut. Do not try to migrate any tickets from OTRS to JSD. Leave the OTRS instance running with allowing the creation of new tickets & handle answers to thes OTRS tickets as new tickets in JSD. We made the migration this way & never looked back...

Best

JP

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events