Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Development Process Flow between Jira Service Desk and Software

Curtis September 25, 2018

We just launched Jira Service Desk to our technology groups. Currently our development group uses an old software to manage there projects. This system has been updated for nearly 10 years, and its workflow has been made very complicated to meet certain "requirements".

We are planning to move this process over to Jira Software, bringing the support and Developers all under the same platform. What I would like to hear more about is how others are setup in receiving customer requests that go to development, and eventually deployed. Are the customers only restricted to Jira Service Desk? Or do they see the Software projects as well? Do you close the Service Desk request upon it being opened in the Software project for development or do you keep it open until the problem is resolved?

Thanks.

1 comment

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 25, 2018

@Curtis, welcome. I’m mobile so a bit brief here so my apologies. 

First there are some good threads that discuss the integration of JSD and JSW for this exact scenario. I encourage you to search for these to find out more details on methods used. With that said:

• customers will only be able to see JSD issues on JSW
  • you can use Create Linked Issue in JSW to create the development issue that is linked to the JSW issue
  • You can use Automation to have the JSD issue ‘follow’ the dev issue and ultimately close and comment back to the customer 

hope this helps. BTW, I recall there is an Atlassian document on this as well so you should search the support site. 

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events