Creating duplicate issues for the same Email Thread

Madhu Reddy December 17, 2019

I (Agent,Admin) have forwarded email to my Service desk Support email and it created new service desk ticket.

After some time I have replied all and added new email to same email thread.. Instead of adding a comment it created new Ticket.

I have attached email thread images and tickets for your reference.

Could you please help me on this regard ASAP as this is effecting my Business.

Thanks in AdvanceTicket Numbers.PNGEmail Thread.PNG

2 comments

Zita Bagi
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 17, 2019

Hi, I cannot actually see the attachments. What were the email subjects? If the subject is different, it creates a new ticket. It can also depend on RE: or FW:

hi @Z B sorry, Now I have attached them 

Zita Bagi
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 17, 2019

This is strange because the two email subjects / summaries seem to be the same. I'm not sure why this happened. I'd advise you to send test emails, also like RE: and FW: and check which ones or how many of these generate new tickets or not.

I hope someone will answer who has more experience with this.

Ajay _view26_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 17, 2019

Hi @Madhu Reddy 

Jira ServiceDesk will always create a new Request even if the subjects are the same.

The comments will work if you respond to the agent thread in the email received from Jira ServiceDesk.

Cheers

Ajay

Hi @Ajay _view26_ FYI, Reporter for those Tickets was Agent and Also Jira admin.

Agent forwarded the email and created a ticket and after some time same agent replied on that email and it created another ticket. 

That is my Issue. Hope this clarifies my issue.

Ajay _view26_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 17, 2019

@Madhu Reddy  Thats really strange. Never experienced it . Sorry for getting your question wrong.

Cheers

Ajay

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 17, 2019

It is unclear exactly what the steps that you followed here. However, if you reply to the original email that was sent that created the ticket then it will create a new ticket. If you reply to the notification that comes from Jira then it should add a comment to that ticket. Please clarify your steps.

Like # people like this

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events