Create a custom JIRA form

joseph mancini February 19, 2019

I would like to customize the fields that come up for end users when they fill in the details  for JiRAs on a specific project URL

2 comments

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 19, 2019

that is native to JSD. Are you stuck on this? Basically, you define request types and for each request type you define the fields that are displayed, the order, which are required or optional.

Simon H
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 19, 2019

We wrote an article a little while ago on different options for using web forms with Jira, which might be helpful. 

Our app ProForma allows you to use forms to create or update issues in Jira. You can build a form for each issue/request type in Jira and use conditional logic to dynamically show and hide fields on the form. You can also capture as much information as you need, without having to create a custom field for each question.  There is also ProForma Lite, which is free and has all the same features as ProForma, but only allows you to design three different forms. 

However ProForma can't trigger a specific form on a URL (but I'll add it to our feature backlog).

Full disclosure: I’m part of the team that makes ProForma.  

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events