Confluence Articles by Email Body not Subject

Deleted user August 7, 2019

Hi there community,

Hopefully someone actually answers this question.... I have just created an article, and going to create more as such where a customer emails through a query and based on keywords/labels that will produce said article in the "Related knowledge base articles" section of the ticket request.

At the moment, the labels are only being picked up by whats in the subject and not the body of the email.

Am i missing something or this too complicated for JIRA Service Desk ?

Any help would be great, cheers !

Mark

3 comments

Sharon Helms
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 8, 2019

Hi Mark,

In my experience, what you're looking for (body of the email triggering articles) is not currently available in Jira Service Desk -- it's all about article titles and request summaries.

In addition, while labels let you make sure articles surface for customers when they are filling out a specific request form,  labels don't guarantee that the articles will surface for agents on the back end in the "Related knowledge base articles" section of the ticket request. 

Here's related documentation: https://support.atlassian.com/jira-service-desk-cloud/docs/how-can-i-use-keywords-to-help-people-find-articles/

If you don't see an article that you think you should see, try changing the article title to use more keywords from the Summary

Deleted user August 8, 2019

Hi Sharon,

Thank you soo much for replying ! Damn was hoping there was a way to get it to work.

Do you know if this is something that is in the pipeline or how i can put it through as an enhancement request ?

Thanks !

Mark

Sharon Helms
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 13, 2019

Hi Mark,  I'm not sure if it's in the pipeline, but a great place to look is: 

https://jira.atlassian.com/projects/JSDCLOUD/issues/JSDCLOUD-7929?filter=allopenissues

You can open a "suggestion" issue type if you don't see anything already open. 

Cheers! 

Sharon

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events