Cant apply Workflow

Dominic Stenson February 7, 2020

These steps below aren't right. There is no option to select "workflows" within "project settings". I have the diagram loaded in from a template, I just cant find any way to apply it to my own and only project. Please help!?

Associating a workflow scheme with a project

To finish activating your workflow, associate the workflow scheme it's in with a project. If an issue type is not defined in the project's issue type scheme, that specific workflow is not used.

1. Choose the Jira icon (, or ) > Projects.
  2. Select the project you want to associate your workflow scheme to.
  3. Go to your project and click Project settings
  4. Click Workflows. You'll see which workflow scheme the project currently uses.
  5. Click Switch Scheme and select the relevant workflow scheme from the Scheme list. 

6. Click Associate to begin the migration process. Each issue needs to have a valid status, so you may need to assign statuses to a select number of issues after you switch workflow schemes. 

A Jira project must always be associated with a workflow scheme, since all issues must move through a workflow. To disassociate a custom workflow scheme from a project, simply associate that project to the default workflow scheme instead.

2 comments

Mike Bowen
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 7, 2020

Hi @Dominic Stenson 

Are you a Jira Service Desk Admin? 

If you are do the following: 

1. Go to Project Settings 
  2. Workflows
  3. Click Add Workflows, add existing and you'll be presented with a list of available workflows. 
  4. Pick a workflow - click next and follow the steps. 

-Mike

Paul Nash April 27, 2020

Id agree with the posters comment here. I am the administrator yet do not see workflows list under project settings...

project settings.pngam admin.png

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events