Can you recommend any chat solution fully integrated into JIRA Service Desk SERVER? Edited

Can you recommend any chat solution fully integrated into JIRA Service Desk SERVER?

We would like to offer a chat for our signed in customers to speed up and improve the customer service, but we also want to be able to directly create a JIRA Service Desk issue out of a chat discussion.

Basic requirements

• logged in customer, therefore contact data is available
  • simply generate JSD ticket directly from the chat conversation
  • add transcript, attachments, etc. of the chat conversation to the JSD ticket
  • nice to have: also access Confluence KB from chat, e.g., share links from the Confluence KB

So far I heard about ...

• Olark - JSD add-on available for integration
  • LiveChat Inc. - JSD add-on available for integration
  • Intercom - no JSD add-on available but heard it is possible to connect those two system

What are you using for this? I do not think that HipChat is meant to be for external customers, thus there must be another solution.

2 comments

Alexey Matveev Community Champion Nov 15, 2017

If you are on cloud, look for Atlassian Stride. Otherwise look for Atlassian Hipchat.

I just saw that  I did not mention that and edited it now. I am talking about JIRA Service Desk Server.

I always thought that Hipchat (now Stride as well) is meant to be for internal communication.

I haven’t tried any of the solutions that have JSD as an add on but if I were to sign up to one I would try it out in great detail and assume absolutely nothing of how it works.. Most “integrations” are not worth the trouble they bring and usually lack one or two of the most important features - for you.

I would agree that HipChat is focused for internal use. It does have a guest mode via web URL but it is severely lacking compared to Slack’s guest functionality for example.

As a part-time Salesforce admin the JIRA/SFDC and Zendesk/SFDC (particularly) “integrations” have quite bad...

Hello Markus,

The LiveChat app does exactly what you need and is absolutely free of charge. Check it out here:

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.intenso.jira.plugin.livechat/server/overview

If you have additional questions, feel free to write me back :)

Comment

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Asked Feb 02, 2018 in Jira Service Desk

What are the must-have addons?

Hi all, We are trialing Jira Service Desk for a large-ish, flat, team-based organization where members can serve on multiple teams. A few needs that are not out of the box... Assigning i...

908 views 12 5
View question

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you