It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Can you assign a ticket to a queue?

Hey Guys,

I'm new to Jira Service Desk.

Can you assign tickets to different queues within the same project? Can you show queue 'Team A' and queue 'Team B'. 

I'm wanting to transfer tickets from Team A if they can't resolve it to Team B

Atm I can see that you can create different queues and use filters so that only certain tickets are visible in the queue but they are not transferrable from one queue to the other from the same project.

3 comments

Jack Community Leader Dec 04, 2019

Queues are simply queries of issues so you can easily have issues appear in multiple queues or, thru some field condition have it move between queues. For example, you might have it appear in the “team A” queue if it is assigned to a member of a group called team-A and then by reassigning to a member in the team-b group then it appears in the “team-b” queue.

Hey Jack,

Thanks for that.

I created a group  and added 2 agents to it. I'm having trouble adding that group to the 'Filter by' area in the queue.

What is it listed under? I tried groups and the name of the group I created but no luck

use "membersOf" for your queues instead of group. 

assignee in membersOf("group_name")

Thanks Per

That worked :)

Comment

TAGS
Community showcase
Posted in Jira Service Desk

How has Jira Service Desk increased productivity in your org?

Hi Jira Service Desk community, Atlassian is on a mission to unleash the potential of all teams, and we know that tools are just one piece of that puzzle. With Jira Service Desk, we have productiv...

206 views 0 3
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you