Jira Service Desk – Don’t be afraid, the journey begins with curiosity!

36 comments

Mart Anthony Salumbides July 30, 2019

Hi,

We have used JIRA before with our last company, but it was already set up for us. We are now setting up a small company of 6 people and we would like to use JIRA again but are not sure how to set it up.
We used to use the dashboard and have a master queue of all tasks, then each task had a countdown clock once the job was commenced. The staff used to click on a stop, start, pause button when completing the task, and this measured the time taken so we could produce a report to bill the clients.
Is this something you could set up for us?

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Thank you

Mart

Waseem Bukhari September 2, 2019

Hi , How Jira is better than TFS/Azure DevOps Server 2019?

What Jira can do which AZURE DEVOPS Can't?

Thanks and Regards,

WS

Jessan Luana September 6, 2019

Great article.

Antonios Pandis September 23, 2019

Thanks for another great article, it was very helpful!

Lerato Mpati October 21, 2019

Please Help ... !!!!

I cannot get emails from our custom email address to come into Jira service desk, all settings are correct and now I'm stuck. 

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 21, 2019

@Lerato Mpati , please open a Question in the Community. When you ask questions in Articles very few people will see the question. I would also recommend using the search bar as there are a lot of similar questions like yours that have been previously answered.

Diego Benitez November 13, 2019

I wished the person who configured Jira before me had read this article. I am at the point where it might be easier to start from scratch than trying to fix what I inherited!

Like # people like this
Andy - PTC Redundant
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 13, 2020

@Diego Benitez : Totally get what you mean...!
Dealing with legacy items can be quite the nightmare! 😢

Like Diego Benitez likes this
Tim Keyes
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 20, 2020

Excellent Article @Jack Brickey   #articlegoals

Adrian Stephen
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 23, 2020

Thank you for this! Great article.

Seon Shakespeare
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 10, 2020

Excellent post!

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events