4 changes to queues and issues you don’t want to miss

Hello Atlassian Community!

I'm Tania, a Senior Product Marketing Manager for Jira Service Desk Cloud! I'm excited to announce some exciting improvements coming up for those who work with queues and issues.

With the new agent experience, service teams will be able to triage issues more effectively, scan request details at a glance, and deliver speedy responses to customers.

Or, read on to learn more!

1. We’ve made it easier to reply to your customers

request view.png

• An always-visible comment bar: Respond faster to your customers with a comment bar that is docked to the base of your screen and always accessible.
  • Responding to customers and adding internal notes: You can now select upfront whether to add an internal note or reply to a customer. The two types of responses are visually different to stop mistakes from happening.
  • Less clutter: Fields completed by the customer are now grouped together in the left-hand section, making an issue easier to scan. The right-hand section is dedicated to fields completed and managed by service teams.

Try it now:

• Communicate with your team using the internal notes link to keep information related to the ticket in one place.

2. Queues are now better customized to your team’s needs

7-deliver-on-slas-v2 (1).png

• Sort capability: We’ve introduced flexible sort capabilities for your queues. Now you can find the tickets you’re looking for by sorting the columns of your queues, such as ‘Time to Resolution’ or ‘Assignee.’
  • Improved SLA display: Instead of displaying endless hours, SLA time metrics now render with days and weeks. They also take into account the working hours of your SLA calendar, making them easier to interpret.  

Try it now:

• Sort your queue to the soonest breach time for your SLA to ensure you’re working on the most urgent task
  • Sort according to assignee to see work assigned to your team members
  • Sort by component or labels to see related requests

3. Faster triaging with queue actions

JSD Queues - inline assign 03@2x (1).png

• Edit from the queue: You’ll be able to take action and triage your issues more effectively, without needing to switch back and forth between the queue and issue screen. Now you can assign and transition as you’re scrolling down the list looking at incoming tickets.

Try it now:

• Use the new inline editing capability to assign tickets to yourself or team members and transition the status of them to “in progress” without going into every ticket.

4. Revisit your favourites

JSD Star your queues.png

• Starred queues: If you visit certain queues frequently, you can now star them and navigate to them much easier. The starred queues can be accessed from the “Starred and recent” menu in the global sidebar.

Try it now:

• Star queues directly from the recent section in the “starred and recent” menu, or click the star in the top right-hand section of your queue.

Improvements specific to the issue view are on their way, so don't be concerned if you don't see them yet. Check out our page, changes to requests in the new issue view, to find out more.

Watch a quick demo of the changes here. 

Have thoughts on this post? We're all ears! Share your questions, comments, and thoughts with us and the rest of the Atlassian community in the comments section below.   

11 comments

Alexander Bondarev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 13, 2019

Hi, @Tania Clarke

Thank you for article!

Very interesting and useful improvements!  The ability to edit tasks directly from the queues is especially useful! This will actually shorten the processing time for requests. Do you have in plans to implement it in the server version?

Like # people like this
Roger Abreu May 13, 2019

This article is amazing!

We are taking advantage of these new features!

Like Tania Clarke likes this
Jon Woodson May 14, 2019

It seems like not all the changes have gone live. Is there a toggle/switch somewhere?

The issue detail page seems to look as it did before.

Thanks!

Like Tania Clarke likes this
Tania Clarke
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 14, 2019

Hi @Jon Woodson the changes to your issue view is on the way soon as we're still rolling it out across all our customers. Let me know if you would like to switch it on sooner and I can reach out to the engineering team!

Like Jon Woodson likes this
Tania Clarke
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 14, 2019

@Alexander Bondarev I'm glad to hear you’re finding the improvements exciting! We are looking into ways to making our agents more productive in Server, so please stay tuned. I've passed on your feedback about editing tasks directly in the queues to our Server product team.

Like # people like this
Jon Woodson May 15, 2019

@Tania Clarke getting the changes to our instance sooner would be great! Let me know if you need anything else from me to reach out to the engineering team.

Thanks!

Tania Clarke
Atlassian Team
May 15, 2019

Hi @Jon Woodson we just need your domain name :) could you please email me at tclarke@atlassian.com and we'll get you set up.

Roger Barnes
Atlassian Team
May 16, 2019

@Alexander Bondarev , I'd love to learn more of your workflow to help us prioritise what capabilities to bring to Server. Would you mind emailing me (rbarnes at atlassian com) with a little more detail about what causes you the greatest "processing time for requests" today?

Like Alexander Bondarev likes this
Alexander Bondarev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 20, 2019

@Roger Barnes , 

Thank you for your response! 

I wrote you!

Dave Vernon May 9, 2020

We are new to using Jira and I have been setting things up.   For the last two weeks I have been able to change the status in the Queue by clicking on the status field and selecting a new status.   Yesterday it stopped working.   I must have changed something somewhere.    I can still assign a tech in the queue so I didn't break that.

Any thoughts.

Barry Ozer March 12, 2021

Any plans to introduce filter keyboard shortcuts to queues such as j and k keys to go to next or previous issue in screens, issue detail view (t) vs full screen, or quick entry into a ticket via o or exit (z)? To be honest, I would love to see the Product team merge these new cool features into Jira filters for bulk operations and get rid of queues altogether and feature filters instead in Jira Service Desk projects like you do in Software Projects. Hope this feedback finds you all well.

Barry

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events