how to define the script of the condition to be met using send a custom email script runner script

mel vega January 6, 2016

Hi,

i'm trying to set up a "send a custom email" script runner post function and I struggle to define the script of the condition to be met.

the condition is based on a checkboxes custom field. The field should be equal to a specific value.

I tried to select "Has string custom field value equal to " in the suggested examples but it does not work and I click Preview, the condition is set as false.

would you have any idea of the right code to write for a checkboxes custom field?

thanks in advance

melissa

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 6, 2016

You may find it easier to use the cfValues map which is passed in:

https://scriptrunner.adaptavist.com/latest/jira/recipes/workflow/validators/simple-scripted-validators.html#_validating_a_multi_select_option_is_selected

As Thanos said, with checkboxes it can be multiple. To check for a single specific checkbox being checked, and no others, you'd use:

cfValues['Name of field']*.value == ['An item']
mel vega January 6, 2016

thanks a lot to you both. It perfectly works. Just another question : is there a way to reformat the email body and configure a line break for each custom field ? many thanks for your help. it's great

JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 7, 2016

Hi... I'm not sure what you mean. If using html use <p> markers.. If you paste more of the template that would help us answer.

mel vega January 7, 2016

great! i did not know the use of <p> markers ! I'm very very new in coding ! thanks a lot ot's perfect now

0 votes
Thanos Batagiannis _Adaptavist_
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 6, 2016

Hi Melissa

Below there is a script where you can use in order to get the checkbox values 

import com.atlassian.jira.component.ComponentAccessor
import java.util.ArrayList

def customField2 = customFieldManager.getCustomFieldObjectByName("checkbox")
ArrayList listOfCheckBoxValues = issue.getCustomFieldValue(customField2) as ArrayList

if (!listOfCheckBoxValues)
	return false

if (listOfCheckBoxValues*.value.contains("option1"))
	return true
else 
    return false

A note. By default you can select more than one boxes therefore you always get a list of selected values. In case you want to use radio buttons where by default you can select only one value the script will be slightly different. Please let me know if you need further assistance.

Kind regards

Suggest an answer