aggregatetimespent vs timespent Jira built in fields?

Michael Gruskin December 3, 2019

I'm working with changelogs in Jira, and have noticed that there seem to be two different fields built in to Jira which deal with Time Spent, but I cannot find info on the differences. Could anyone explain to me how timespent is different from aggregatetimespent?

Based on what I'm seeing in the changelog, only timespent is used, but aggregatetimespent seems to have the same value in the current state of my Jira Issue.

2 answers

1 vote
Thomas Magny-Garcia
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 3, 2019

Hi @Michael Gruskin 
I guess aggregatetimespent is the field matching the sum of time spent for the issue and its sub-tasks.
If you don't use sub-tasks, aggregatetimespent will equal timespent. If you use them, aggregatetimespent should be upper.

Hope it helps !

0 votes
Avery Lane
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 15, 2023
public class AggregateTimeSpentSystemField
extends AbstractAggregateDurationSystemField

System field that displays the calculated aggregate time spent. This adds all sub-tasks values to its own values.

https://docs.atlassian.com/software/jira/docs/api/7.0.5/com/atlassian/jira/issue/fields/AggregateTimeSpentSystemField.html

Suggest an answer