It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Why Doesn't statusCategoryChangedDate Match UpdatedDate

My user used the API to find all the issues closed in June using jql. The call was
https://tripactions.atlassian.net/rest/api/3/search?jql=filter=10568
The filter was
status in (Closed, CLOSED, Done, Resolved) AND statusCategoryChangedDate >= 2019-01-01 AND statusCategoryChangedDate <= 2020-06-28 ORDER BY resolved ASC
(note: he had a “projects in ()” clause but I removed it for brevity and security).

He found several issues that had updated dates that were before his range.
For example X-157 has an updated date of 2020-01-27 and the history shows that it was given a parent (an epic, I assume) on that date but no changes afterward.

He said that all the issues he found were in the X project and the X project is a next gen project.

My theory is that the nextgen project had it’s terminal column moved which would mean that the status category would change. It wouldn’t change the updated date on the issue but would (maybe) change the statusCategoryChangedDate. I admit this is somewhat far fetched but it’s a theory.

Any other ideas?

0 answers

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you