Some attachments not found after migration

T January 20, 2013

I've migrated from 3.x to the latest JIRA version. When copying over attachments there was a network error, so only half of the attachments were copied. All those attachments show perfectly fine.

I then copied over the missed attachments and reindexed - unfortunately the attachments don't show. The links are still there but when I click one, I get a 404 and the message that the attachment wasn't found:

Attachment /13339/screenshot.jpg was not found

Could not find what you were looking for. Maybe you should raise an issue.

JIRA home

So (background) reindexing doesn't work. I can't lock JIRA to do the other indexing, but that doesn't make a difference anyway, does it?

What can I do to get the attachments reattached?

Thanks

5 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
T February 25, 2013

Redid the whole lot and it worked...

1 vote
petry
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 21, 2013

Hi Elbe,

In fact, during this process, you migrated to a 4.x version before the latest one, correct? In JIRA 4.4.x, the attachments name changed, that's why the new instance can't recognize the files from your 3.x.

I can see two options here:

1. Check the file name in your directory and the filename that JIRA is looking for. If it's something like 123456_screenshot.jpg in the directory and 123456.jpg in the instance, just change the file in your directory and see how it goes. That's because now JIRA is using an ID in the filename instead the ID plus a char name.
  2. The other option would be perform this migration again, but now with all the attachment files. So you will make sure that all attachments will work properly in the new instance.

Hope that helps.

Cheers,

0 votes
Kristen Viscardi October 8, 2013

What if you are migrating from the same version of JIRA, just to a differfent server? How do we get the attchments to transfer over without having to perform this task manually?

Thanks!

0 votes
Tansu Kahyaoglu February 19, 2013

Have you solved this?

0 votes
T January 21, 2013

It's getting stranger now - after a full re-index, I can now access the screenshots. BUT: only the thumbnails are showing, even if I click it, the lightbox shows the thumbnail!

Suggest an answer