Script Runner Transition parent issue based on subtask status

Phillip Campbell August 4, 2015

Is it possible to use script runner to transition a parent issue based on the status of a subtask?

Right now I have this setup

• A Request Issue type that needs to get an approval from 4 different people
  • Script runner automatically creates 4 approval sub-task when the request is submitted
  • When all the approvers mark the approval sub-task  "Rejected" or "Approved", the parent automatically transitions to the correct status (Approved or Rejected) based on all the sub-task having a resolution

My problem is this. The parent should automatically move to the "Rejected" Status whenever 1 or more of the sub-task are marked "Rejected" but this does not happen. At this point, the parent only follows the "Automatically transition the parent" based on the last sub-task transitioned. The only thing I can do is prevent the parent from moving to the "Approved" status with a transition with a condition but I cannot force the parent to transition to the "Rejected" status

Any help would be appreciated. 

5 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Phillip Campbell August 5, 2015

Nevermind. I figured out how to do it. I needed to update my version of script runner

1 vote
MarkW October 12, 2015

Hey @Phillip Campbell, do you think you can share what your resolution was so that others can do the same?

What version of script runner, what built-in post-function. If not built-in, can you share your groovy code?

Thanks

0 votes
Brad Warburton November 18, 2016

I'd really like to see exactly how this is done also

0 votes
Phillip Campbell February 22, 2016

Sure.

I created a workflow on the subtask that fast track the parent's transition.

When a subtask is rejected, the parent gets the "Not approved" transition fast tracked immediately.

When a subtask is approved, the parent gets the "Approved" transition fast tracked but only when the condition of "All subtask are set to approved" is met. This way, until all items are approved, the transition will never happen.

I had to update my script runner version to get this working (3.0.16)

0 votes
flaimo February 22, 2016

@ @Phillip Campbell, could you share your script here? I would like to do something similar...

Suggest an answer