Post Function sub-task creation assignment issue

WD Balaban January 20, 2013

I having trouble using the post function sub-task creation feature. I have used this feature without issue elsewhere in the same workflow that has been under development for some time. The specific issue is I cannot get the sub-task assignee defined as anything other than the parent issue assignee. When this development started I we were running V4.4. Some time ago we updated to V5.17. I have read some other posts that raise the question that the newer version is related to my problem. Specifically references to having to add the desired user picker custom field to the "creation" screen. I presume this means the creation screen of the parent issue. What I have done previously w/o issue and am attempting to use again is using a transition screen to get the user picker custom field defined and then applying that field, e.g., %Review Chairman% in the sub-task creation post-function. This doesn't appear to work anymore in new workflow logic, i.e., the subtask details displayed show "Assignee will be: parent issue's assignee ." Elsewhere in the same workflow where I have used the same logic it shows: "Assignee will be: specific user (%SCR Review Assignee%)."

Relating to the "creation" screen mentioned earlier I added the user picker custom field to the creation/edit/view screens of the parent task. This had no apparent affect.

I've been looking at this now for a couple days trying to figure out where the problem is but can't find an culprit.

Any ideas?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted

Interesting. Apparently this feature is based on your Plugin. I had not noticed. It appears that there is an update available. We are running v2.3 and v3.0 is apparently in waiting but we have not gotten authorization to purchase what apparently use to be a free plugin.

WD Balaban February 5, 2013

Issue was moved to Create on Transition Plugin for JIRA board. Problem was isolated to Win7 /IE8.

0 votes
Bob Swift OSS (Bob Swift Atlassian Apps)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 20, 2013

From your description, it appears you are using the Create on Transition Plugin for JIRA. Can you please open an issue with more detaills including the version of the plugin you are using and a few screen shots of the post function edit screen.

I'll open new issue and provide details shortly.

Suggest an answer