New tickets

Tracking System May 23, 2015

In my company, we are creating a lot of accounts in JIRA in order users can create new tickets; do we really need to do this? or simply, I just need to direct end users to a website to create new ticket? or can they send an email to create a new ticket?

it seems that I am creating a lot of JIRA accounts for these users that the only thing they do is reporting problems; then the agents respond to the users with a solution (i beleive that can be handle via email)

2 answers

3 votes
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 23, 2015

Sounds like what you need is JIRA Service Desk. It uses an agent based licensing scheme.

0 votes
GabrielleJ
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 25, 2015

Sounds like what you need for me is an JIRA Issue Collector

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Using+the+Issue+Collector

Depending on your setup/choice, you just need 1 account (at least) for an Issue Collector.

Suggest an answer