Markup Attachments without re-uploading

Kristin Lyons
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 1, 2019

Is there a plugin that will allow us to markup attachments on Jira issues without having to download and re-upload the attachment?  We would prefer something like this in Jira but Confluence would also work.

1 answer

0 votes
Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 8, 2019

Hi Kristin,

I understand you are looking for a means to edit attachments directly in Jira server without needing to download them and then reupload the changes.   Right now, I don't believe this is possible with native Jira server versions today.

That said I did come across a plugin in marketplace that might be helpful here.  Check out the plugin GoEdit - Direct Attachment Edit for Jira.   While I have not used this plugin myself, it does appear to try to make editing of attachments in Jira much simpler to do.  It is possible there might be other alternative solutions as well in Marketplace.

I hope this helps.

Andy

Kristin Lyons
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 9, 2019

I tried the GoEdit plugin and it didn't do what I was looking for.  Smart Attachments seems to have the ability to add comments on the attachment, this has been the closest plugin I've found to doing what I want so far.  Thanks for your suggestion!

Suggest an answer