Jira Plugin Error

metehanozer January 20, 2013

Hi, I have installed Jira and there are some problems appeared.

First of all my aim is commuicate Test Link to Jira. I have installed Test Link (XAMPP Server) and Jira. My system is Windows 7 64Bit

When I try to install jira-soap plugin on Atlassian Marketplace

This version of JIRA is unknown to the Atlassian Marketplace. It may be too new to appear, or it may be some type of non-standard build. No add-ons can be found for unknown product versions.

When I try to install jra-soap plugin on "Upload Add-on" button

Could not find a handler capable of installing the add-on at jira-soap-5.0.0.jar. Check that the file is a valid add-on.

What can I do? Some help please. My English is not very well soryy for that.

1 answer

0 votes
LucasA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 20, 2013

Hi Metehan,

JIRA already has SOAP/XMLRPC/REST API enabled by default. The link below may interest you:

- https://developer.atlassian.com/display/JIRADEV/Creating+a+JIRA+SOAP+Client

However, JIRA OnDemand is embeded with a pre-set of user plugins that can't be modified. It's not possible to install any other plugins beyond the default ones. You can see the current plugin list in this link.

So I'm afraid it won't be possible installing jira-soap-5.0.0.jar.

Best regards,
Lucas Timm

metehanozer January 21, 2013

Thanks for your help but I dont unerstand this document because my english is poor.

I want to ask another question if you let me.

My Jira configurations "Accept remote API calls" is "ON"

When I try to reach 'http:/localhost:8080/rpc/soap/jirasoapservice-v2?wsdl' this link on my browser I get an error. (Probably related the we server)

What can I do in this case.

Thank you for your patience...

JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 21, 2013

That's not an error... that's the wsdl document which gives you the endpoints and params etc you can use.

Suggest an answer