JIRA dashboards to pdf, excel

tzigone March 14, 2013

Hi,

I want to export multiple dashboards to excel, is there a plugin for that?

Thanks,

8 answers

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Midori
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 5, 2013

You can export dashboards or a list of gadgets to PDF using JIRA PDF View Plugin version 3.5.0 or newer.

By modifying the export template (trivial) you can export multiple dashboards identified by their numerical IDs to the same document.See the Customizing what dashboards and gadgets to export section in this page: http://www.midori-global.com/products/jira-pdf-view-plugin/documentation/dashboards

Here is a sample (original PDF):

jira-dashboard-agile-sprint-report

Merch Ops Analyst August 16, 2018

Does your tool work for JIRA Cloud ? 

Like Deleted user likes this
Aron Gombas _Midori_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 12, 2018

(Not yet, but it's going to change!)

Aron Gombas _Midori_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 5, 2019

Update: Better PDF Exporter is now available for Jira Cloud!

Kirby Wanner June 11, 2019

Hi Aron

I see the Better PDF Exporter is now available for JIra Cloud.  However, does it exclude the dashboard templates?

Aron Gombas _Midori_
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 11, 2019

@Kirby Wanner current Better PDF Exporter for Jira Cloud cannot export dashboards due to major limitations in Atlassian Connect and the Jira REST API. (These are the components developed by Atlassian that we use to implement the exports.)

We plan to implement it later on the go - assuming that Atlassian adds the missing parts on their side.

Please read the full story here and also see this feature as the #1 in the missing feature list. Also remember to vote for feature request!

https://midori-global.com/products/better-pdf-exporter-for-jira/cloud/faq

Aron Gombas _Midori_
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 10, 2020

@Merch Ops Analyst @Kirby Wanner 

Almost one year later, I am happy to tell that dashboard PDF exports for Jira Cloud are now available!

Learn more: https://midori-global.com/products/better-pdf-exporter-for-jira/cloud/documentation/dashboards

jira-cloud-dashboard-pdf-export

Like Levente Szabo _Midori_ likes this
Deleted user February 6, 2021

Seriously.....is it me or does anyone else think this is overpriced?

$210/month to print PDF for 100 users, where probably not 5% of those users are ever going to use that functionality?

C'mon folks.....get with real.

Like # people like this
Raphi Levine March 2, 2021

I totally agree with this.  I have this issue with many of the Jira plugins.

I think it is the only pricing that is available in Jira.  They only allow a per user fee as opposed to just paying for a plugin.  

IMHO, this is a terrible business plan.  There are many plugins that I would buy, but do not as there is a per user license (which doesn't justify the spend).

3 votes
satyanarayana visampalli June 25, 2015

Its a late reply but I thought it may be helpful for some one..(this try is for chrome only)

Here are few steps I tried in chrome browser.

1. Make 2 column layout (identical width) in your dashboard
  2. Use chrome and right click on dashboard and click inspect element and make sure inspect element window align vertical to the right hand side of dashboard (This makes your dashboard squeeze)
  3. Again right click and print
  4. In print settings go to more settings and select Landscape mode and tabloid paper and save it as pdf

With these steps, I created a pdf for my needs....but just play around and see it can be helpful. These steps are only for 2 column layout.

2 votes
Christian Czaia _Decadis AG_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 14, 2013

Hey,

have you searched the forum or at least checked Google ("jira export dashboard"...) before you asked that question?:-)

Check those questions:

https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/97302/can-we-export-the-dashboard-results-to-excel-in-jira-4-4-5

https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/82361/jira-dashbaord-export

Cheers Christian

0 votes
June Lee May 14, 2020

I've tried two options below, both are working very well.

a) Install Chrome extension free app called "Full Page Screen Capture". It will capture the full page of your dashboard and save it to PDF file. 

b) Open Jira via Firefox (version 76). Right click on the website and select "Take a screenshot".   It allows you to take the screenshot for the entire page or a snapshot of the screen.

0 votes
June Lee May 14, 2020

Thanks for your suggestion. But it does not allows me to print out the full page of the dashboard. 

0 votes
Leigh Tuckwell May 24, 2016

In Chrome, right-click and select 'print...'. Next to 'destination' click 'change' and select 'Save as PDF'. The 'paper size' option will appear. Select 'A2'. Change 'layout' to 'Landscape'. If you're working with a different browser, I don't think the 'Save as PDF' option is available. Select 'Adobe PDF' as the printer instead, then try to change the paper size somehow. I was able to do it in Edge, but I couldn't do it in Internet Explorer because it didn't seem to give me 'A2' as an option (only A3). Changing the scale to 70% or so may also help. Good luck.

0 votes
Franco Fleming January 7, 2016

I also needed to export my dashboard into a PDF. I checked for plugins and gadgets to export from our Jira cloud dashboard but couldn't find anything. Tools exist if you have your own JIRA server but we are using the cloud based version.

I used a Chrome extension called "Full Page Screen Capture" which output our dashboard contents to a png file. I then used GIMP to open the png and export to PDF.

June Lee May 14, 2020

Thanks for your recommendation. It works very well!

0 votes
Rick Glorie April 28, 2015

In Firefox 37, I

• Maximed the dashboard I wanted
  • Right clicked in it and chose "This Frame" from the context menu.
  • Selected ¨Show only this frame"
  • From menu bar, select "File" then "Save page as..", with setting "Webpage, complete" and a filename.
  • From LibreOffice Calc(which trails Excel) I selected "Insert" then "Sheet from file" and pointed to the filename.

This results in a nice clean import, cleaner than a copy + paste.

Priyanka R February 9, 2022

Hi ,

I want to export Dashboard into Excel ? 

I can see https://midori-global.com/products/better-pdf-exporter-for-jira/cloud/documentation/dashboards it is PDF exporter !

can any one suggest export dashboard into Excel plugin?

Thanks& Regards!

Priyanka!

Suggest an answer