JIRA Walllboard/Dashboard (JIRA Next Gen|cloud)

Deleted user October 4, 2019

Hello Guys,

I have created a JIRA Dashboard to report on some key metrics from service desk. The dashboard works fine alongside the wallboard and slideshow. However, I am now trying to get this onto a TV in the office, we have programmed a pi with a destination URL of the wallboard and this did not work (Probably user auth) so we have linked it straight to the dashboard but this will not work without us paying for an alias user. 

https://firemind.atlassian.net/plugins/servlet/Wallboard/?dashboardId=10113

Is there anyway to get around this, the dashboard and wallboard should be available to access by the public but it just does not display any data.

Thanks in advance.

1 answer

0 votes
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 4, 2019

Hi Max,

Welcome to Atlassian Community!

For security reasons, only licensed users can see the Dashboard and the gadgets. 

You can share it with the public, but it means that you will share all the internal tickets and the filters with everyone on the internet.

For that, you need to go to the Project settings > Permissions and add the group “Public” on Browse Projects permission. Note that the permission scheme may be shared, so it will affect more than one project.

Also, the filter used in the gadget must be also set to the Public.

As I mentioned, everyone will be able to see the dashboard and also the tickets.

Regards,
Angélica

Deleted user October 6, 2019

Hi Angelica,

Thankyou for the detailed response. When you say everyone will be able to see all tickets and the dashboard. Do you mean everyone under the clouds account? I.e within our organisation? 

Kind Regards,

Max

Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 8, 2019

Hi Max,

No, when we open a project it will be public to anyone in and outside your organization. It means that people when searching on Google will be able to find your instance and see the tickets.

Regards,
Angélica

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events