JIRA-Migrating-from-Server-to-Cloud Licence Migration

Nuwan Vithanage October 25, 2019

Hi Team 

I am moving from our current situation of JIRA server to JIRA Cloud. Is there an easy way to migrate the data over or is this all a manual effort or Jira Cloud Migration Assistant ? 

Suppose if we have 25 users in JIRA server do I can use the same license in JIRA Cloud ? because we have valid license till 2020

2 answers

0 votes
Laura Campbell _Seibert Media_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 29, 2019

Hello @Nuwan Vithanage 

Would you be interested in participating in a beta program and answering some questions about how you use Jira? Elements is currently working on a Cloud version of our most popular server app Elements Connect (formerly nFeed) to meet the needs of companies migrating from server to Cloud, and we are recruiting beta users.

You can sign up here.

Thanks,

Laura

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 25, 2019

Hi @Nuwan Vithanage , there are a lot of existing threads on this so I encourage you to explore them as they will have details on experiences. If you look to the right here under "Related Community content" you will see quite a few but there are more and you can use the Search bar to find them.

Here is a document resource that might be worth consulting - jira-server-to-cloud-migration-resources 

Nuwan Vithanage October 27, 2019

Hi Jack ,

Thank you very much for the prompt reply and advice you have given to me my concern is If I have JIRA server license available with me if there any possibility to use the existing JIRA server license in JIRA Cloud ? 

Thank you,

Nuwan

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 31, 2019

The licenses are quite different. You can reach out to Atlassian to see if any credit could be applied. I have no idea if that is possible.

Suggest an answer