JIRA 7.12 Slide the Disabled status of a Cascade Select option based on Month-Year

Ramakrishnan Srinivasan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 24, 2019

Hi,

I need some help in setting up dynamic maintenance of Cascade Select field month on month. Our JIRA version is 7.12.3 with Postgresql I do not have write permission to dB so back-end update is not possible. 

Say I have a cascade field with 

parent option = "Dec-18", "Jan-19","Feb-19","Mar-19"

each with Child Options = 25%, 50%, 75%, 100%, 0%

Following are my requirements

• These changes are required for all issues of one issue type in one project
  • If my current month is Jan-19, I want Dec-19 to be enabled and all other parent options disabled (I need the previous month in this particular cascade field)
  • If my current month is Feb-19, then I want Jan-19 to be enabled and all other options to be disabled
  • It is also required that the default option to be changed to the currently enabled parent option with a specific child option (like Jan-19 - 50%)
  • My assumption is old issues which were having disabled options will also not see them on Edit again. If not, is it possible to change all those field values to the newly enabled default parent and child option

I explored Built In scripts of Script Runner and able to add all these parent options and child options to the specified cascade field; But by default all of them are enabled; When I was reading through articles today, I found it is not possible to do many things with cascade custom field through REST API.

If it is required that I own one JIRA issue and do some operation on it like changing a select value or something like that so that a Behavior can kick in, that should be still OK, but after reading much I am still lost

Any help or lead to achieve this will be really helpful for me

Thank you in advance

with warm regards

ramki

0 answers

Suggest an answer