Issues from next-gen project not showing in a classic board

Guillermo Marqueta November 8, 2018

Hi,

I'm testing next-gen projects in Jira Cloud.

We have a classic project with a cross-project kanban board where we include issues from several projects.  So far, with the classic projects we organized their workflows in a way that they could match and show all issues at the board.

I added two next-gen projects to the filter I use for that cross-project board, but I get an alert saying the following:

"Some issues in the Saved Filter will not be shown on the board. View unmapped statuses which contain these issues."

Screenshot 2018-11-08 11.14.42.png

It seems that for each next-gen project, it creates new status, duplicating them at the columns workflow management.  Now I have 3 statuses:

• To do: Classic projects
  • To do: Next-gen project 1
  • To do: Next-gen project 2
  • Priority: Classic projects
  • Priority: Next-gen project 1
  • Priority: Next-gen project 2 

It doesn't make any sense to reorder the workflow for each new next-gen project.

Any tips?

9 answers

5 votes
maxya May 21, 2020

Atlassian when you plan to fix this??? It is very critical bug!

3 votes
dplusic November 7, 2020

This may help:

• For a next-gen project
    • Project settings > Features > Turn on "Releases & versioning"
    • It doesn't matter to turn it off again
  • For a classic board
    • Board settings > Columns > Check "Unmapped Statuses"
Sergii Nor (EPAM) [Old] December 9, 2020

That has helped indeed. Thank you very much for providing solution, @dplusic.

Alex Hoopes December 23, 2020

I was having an problem with my next-gen issues not appearing in my classic Kanban board. I followed the steps you outlined, @dplusic , and my next-gen issues started appearing in my Kanban board. Thanks! 

2 votes
alexander.minin March 16, 2020

same problem for us.

Issues from next-gen projects are not visible on the classic board even though they are included in the board filter.

We've even tried to change our classic workflow to avoid any duplication of the statuses (just as an experiment), but it did not help at all

@Atlassian , any advise and suggestions would be highly appreciated

1 vote
Kristine Donate July 9, 2020

Still appears to be an issue with boards using filters retrieving both classic and next-gen Jira project issues.  Any work-arounds or fixed on the near horizon?

0 votes
Pavan Chityala February 4, 2021
0 votes
Shannon Curnew September 22, 2020

This is almost 2 years old.

And quickly becoming just one more reason to not use the next gen project type. 

0 votes
jaclyn May 21, 2020

Same. We have a mixture of classic and next gen and can’t create a dashboard with consistent statuses or reporting. This isn’t good for a global view.

0 votes
DvanHeerden January 2, 2020

Any update on this, or is the only option to revert back to a Classic board?

Diego Padilha Bottaro January 3, 2020

Hi, for me not worked, but maybe work for you:

specific steps would be:

- Navigate to your classic board > Click on the three dots Icon > Board settings > Edit filter query

- Add your Next-gen issues to be returned in the board filter

- Back to your board > Project Settings > Columns

- Add the statuses of your next-gen issues to the columns of your board

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-questions/Any-way-to-include-next-gen-issues-in-a-classic-board/qaq-p/1012688

Anton Safarevich May 21, 2020

This did not work. I specified the board to only include the next-gen project issues and moved the statuses to match the columns. in the column editing part of the classical project, I can see it says (for example) To-Do has 5 issues. However looking at the kanban board, there are no issues being posted.

0 votes
Matthias Gaiser _K15t_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 27, 2019

Hi @Guillermo Marqueta,

not sure if you're still interested in this response, but some others might find the solution also helpful.

In next-gen boards, you can't explicitly configure your workflow as you're used to in classic Jira projects. You modify the workflow by simply adding or rearranging the columns on your next-gen board.

Jira creates in the background a separate workflow for every project - and this is also the reason why you have to map for every next-gen project you want to add, the statuses again.

Cheers,
Matthias.

Guillermo Marqueta June 7, 2019

Thanks for your answer @Matthias Gaiser _K15t_ and time,
that does not solve my issue, as I can map all the statuses of every next-gen project.

It seems Jira understands each status in each next-gen project as a different status.

While I am using the same workflow for all of them, at the cross-project board I need the same statuses to be shown as only one, not to include them duplicated as many times as number of projects using those status.

Masha Aksenova September 5, 2019

Hi @Guillermo Marqueta , I wonder if you were able to come up with a workaround for this? I am also struggling with the same issue. Thanks!

Guillermo Marqueta September 9, 2019

Nope, @Masha Aksenova we are using a board we already had created previously with the old version.

Suggest an answer